Sunday, March 13, 2011

Update

Hi friends.  I am writing to you after just sitting through a 4.9 aftershock here..apparently it was 6.2 up north.  Eternally grateful for power and being able to connect via skype and the internet.  In order to save energy, we will be having blackouts daily until the end of april.  At the moment it is from 4-7pm....sounds like a good time for meditation!

You would never know right now (besides the look of the aftermath) that there is a disaster going on, as it is a gorgeous sunny spring like day outside.  Every day there are a handful of announcements that come up on a loudspeaker that spreads across the city and of course being in all japanese it leads us to wonder what they are saying.  The announcement starts with a chime that sounds kind of like the nbc chime and everytime i hear it i get frightened.  speaking of which here is another one.  Ughhh heart racing.  Okay luckily the superintendent of e-village keeps us rather informed and sometimes translates these announcments.  We were just told that the 3rd nuclear reactor that exploded will not be causing further evacuation and we are safe according to the government.  Each minute there seems to be new news that arises.  I feel like there are hundreds of voices in my head and i dont know which source to listen to.  My heart teacher and intuition are being drained out by multiple opinions of both positivity, fear, doubt, hope, quite a mixed bag of emotions.

Lots has been going through my mind about staying here or not during this crisis.  A part of me knows how much i worked for this amazing opportunity to live and perform in tokyo, but the logical/maternal side of me just wants to be safe at home with my family and friends and carry on life in a non-earthquake/nuclear reactor prone environment.  Each moment my mind changes.  Do i leave this opportunity to know that i will be safe at home?  Will i regret leaving here or is my destined path to be teaching yoga in NY or going back to perform for disney in florida?  So many questions and i feel like i am on a time clock as to answering them.  I know that you could walk out your door any day and fear that you will get into a car accident or you could trip and break your leg....when something this catostrophic is swirling around you like a tornado it is quite hard to not live in fear of the impending future.

Well that is my bleak update for now.  The orlando girls and i have been quite a family and are now walking to the junior highschool to fill up water buckets to create a shower..yeah its been a few days and all of us princesses are feeling quite less than beautiful.  I kind of see the rawness like i am on a yoga retreat in the desert somewhere....well that would be a lot nicer but where the mind goes energy flows.  Okay well then its time for a walking meditation class across the mudd.  So happy that i have friends here and knowing that you all know i am safe.

Please post your opinions on the situation.  Im not really asking for what you think i should do as far as staying or leaving..but i do like to hear everyone's voices.  Please share your feedback.

Lots of love, light, prayers, and peace,
Julie

3 comments:

  1. Julie, I am SO glad to hear that all of you are safe. Of course, all of you were one of the first things that came to my mind when I had learned of this disaster. Al of us back here at WDW were keeping y'all in our thoughts and prayers.

    I'm glad that I found your blog. I'll most certainly be keeping up with you through it as you continue your ever-exciting journey in Japan.

    Much love to my favorite yoga teacher! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, you are a trooper for posting this fir all of us stateside. I hope it is therapeutic for you, too. Whatever you decide, it will be the right choice, I'm sure. I know Disney will be closed for a while. Make he decision that is best for you and no one else. This has to be a very personal decision made with a good deal of thought, I'm sure.

    Would it be all right if I copied my ex-World of Disney NYC cast on your blog? Many of them know you and all of them know Jarusha so it would certainly be of interest to all of them. Let me know.

    Namaste,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim that is totally fine with you sharing the info with fellow disney cast members. thanks for checking in

    ReplyDelete